Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ninety-Seven Cent Squirrel

 

I had a really lovely evening out with friends.  Little shopping beforehand where I picked up a darling little squirrel at post-post Christmas prices at Pottery Barn.  Trip to Borders netted another Marion Nestle book (someday all this reading is going to do me some good.)  We were looking at the comedy section and about losing it over Cake Wrecks when I saw the Nestle book stuck in the middle of humor.  I thought that was a sign I should buy it.  Dinner at Granite City in Maple Grove.  Bloody Mary (passable, but it had a pickle so it earns at least one point) and calamari (tasty.)  I am beginning to think that the idea of a burger is much better than its manifestation.  I ate half of the half-pound Bleu Peppercorn and it's sitting in my stomach like a rock.  Sad.  But the company was fabulous!

I walked into the apartment and almost forgot to turn on the TV!  But then I didn't.  Background noise.


I'm feeling a bit better tonight and my thoughts are turning to the weekend.  Tomorrow is Friday!  I think that calls for a movie and ignoring the things I need to get done until Saturday.  These are the things I plan to do:


dishes
laundry
pick up a friend from the airport (will you please send me the info? :)
more dishes
cook a little soup
host book club (Neuromancer, dinner at Quang, trip to United Noodles, & Johnny Mnemomic)
clean up my space in order to host book club
take some pictures
write
email another distant cousin I've "met" because of Ancestry.com
long talk with my daughter
more laundry
read


I am so looking forward to feeling completely better.

1 comment: