Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Teriyaki with Spinach

I have been so sick.  Really, I've been sick on and off since my birthday.  Killer cold, pink eye, and most recently, a really disgusting virus.

I was convinced I would never eat again.

Thankfully I'm back to eating and finally feeling like myself.

What was for dinner tonight?
















I triple washed the spinach myself!  It actually had organic dirt on it.  I'm really sick of baby spinach and the furry mouth feel I get from the uniformly shaped leaves.  They stick in the roof of my mouth too.

Awesome chicken, not from water-plumped, frozen bricks.  Had to be stir-fried.  I wish I still had a cast iron grill pan, but that went in the great kitchen purge of '08 along with my electric skillet.  I don't miss that nearly as much.

I made the teriyaki sauce myself.  Morgan thought this was the best part of the meal.

With sushi rice and green onion.  And toasted sesame oil on the spinach.

More to come.  Not more on this dinner, but on other dinners and some excellent happenings and deep thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. It looks yummy!!!

    I'm finally a follower now. Couldn't do it at work and then I couldn't remember the web address to your blog. (~.~)

    ReplyDelete